For the Tart:
1 cup Sirimon Gouda with Black Pepper, grated
1 roll of puff pastry
1 tsp garlic, finely grated
1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup whole Milk
For the Vegetables:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sumac
- Heat your oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the tart (except for the puff pastry). Set aside.
- Roll your puff pastry sheet into an approximately 1/4“ thick 20 x 20 cm square (or whatever shape you prefer).
- Place your pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and prick all over using a fork. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden (the pastry will finish cooking at a later stage).
- While the pastry is baking, cut your vegetables into small and thin pieces so that they bake evenly (for larger vegetables such as butternut, we recommend blanching for 1-2 minutes before seasoning).
- Season the vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and sumac.
- Top the lightly golden puff pastry with the cheese mix, and then arrange the vegetables on top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.