Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 kg Clean russet potatoes
- 500 grams Sirimon Gouda, grated
- 1 red onion, sliced into semi circles
- 5 sprigs of spring onion, finely chopped
- Melted butter
- 250g streaky bacon, cooked and finely chopped
Method of preparation
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 and line a baking tray with foil.
- Hold the potato on either side and carefully cut the potato into thin slices about 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick, without cutting through the bottom. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and brush each potato with some of the butter. Sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper and wrap them into a parcel with the foil.
- Put the potatoes to bake on the middle shelf.
- After 30 minutes take out the potatoes and unwrap them. The potatoes should have cooked through and spread. Place the cheese and onion in between the sliced potato and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon and spring onion over the cheese and serve while hot.