Prep and Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook until soft, 2 minutes then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Pour in tomatoes, and spices and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer to thicken slightly, 6 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in sauce then crack an egg into each well.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook under low heat until egg whites are just set, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Top with feta and garnish with parsley.