For the Slaw
1 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
½ tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic, minced or finely chopped
For the Filling
200g Sirimon Halloumi with nigella seeds
For the Tzatziki
200ml Natural Greek yoghurt
1 tsp fresh Lemon juice
1 tsp dill, finely chopped
½ cucumber, grated (place in a sieve and allow water to drain for 10-15 minutes. Before using, squeeze out any excess water by hand)
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp Pinch of salt
½ tsp Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the slaw. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Next, mix all the ingredients for the tzatziki in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Slice the halloumi into ¼” thick rectangles.
- Place a drizzle of oil into a cast iron pan on medium high heat. Fry the halloumi until golden- approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble the tacos with the tzatziki, slaw, halloumi and any other condiments!